CERTIFICATE OF INHERITANCE
- General Information
The Consular Section issues inheritance registration certificate only to Afghan citizens residing in and apply from Canada. Applications for inheritance registration must be submitted in person.
Applicants must contact the Consular Section in advance to book an appointment. During the appointment, the applicant must bring all the necessary documents. The Consul will conduct an interview which may last one to two hours. In some cases, the applicant will be asked to return on a specific date and time.
Inheritance Registration Requirements
Appointment. Applicant’s must book an appointment online. Clients without appointment will not be allowed in and served.
Visit In-person. The applicant(s) and ALL the witnesses MUST be present at the Embassy on the date and time of the appointment along with the application form and required documents.
Application Form. Clients should fill the applications in Dari or Pashto carefully. Special attention to names spelling, dates, figures and places is required.
Required Documents and witnesses. Please read the information below carefully and prepare for your appointment accordingly. The following persons and documents MUST be present in the Embassy during your appointment.
I). Inheritor(s) (Waris/Warasa): at least ONE inheritor (waris) MUST be present at the Embassy at the time of appointment along with (1) one copy of his/her/their Tazkira or passport and two recently taken Photo Size (1x1).
II). Assertors (Iqrar Konendagan): Three adult assertors (Iqrar Konendagan) MUST accompany the Inheritor(s) at the Embassy during the appointment along with (1) one copy of original Tazkira or passport of each assertor; and two recently taken Photo size (1x1).
III). Witnesses: Two Afghan male adult witnesses or four Afghan female adults if male witnesses are not available, MUST also accompany the inheritor(s), with their (a) copies of passport (Afghan and Canada), or Tazkira; (2) copies of driver license; (3) Two Recently Taken Photo Size (1x1).
Fees and Method of Payment. An applicant should pay USD126 for ONE Certificate of Inheritance by direct deposit to Embassy's bank account and its non refundable. The Embassy does NOT accept cash or cheque under any circumstances.
• All consular charges are only payable in USD. Payment in any other currency will NOT be accepted.
• All payments must cover the total amount that is payable to the general, including the relevant fee, bank charge and any postal cost, if applicable. The payment must be received by the Embassy together with your application form before any assessment take place.
• Payments in cash, personal cheque and money draft are NOT accepted under any circumstances.
• The only acceptable method of the payment is direct deposit to the Embassy Bank Account. Please download payment instruction form here.
• Please attached the original Bank printed receipt along with your application.
NOTE: The confessor should not be one of the heirs blood related