The Embassy validates documents issued by any Canadian institute authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Canada. Conversely, documents will be validated that are issued in Afghanistan authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan.
List of documents for attestations:
• Death certificate
• Illness certificate
• Marriage certificate
• Divorce certificate
• Celibacy certificate
• Driving license
• Educational certificate
• Professional credentials
• Business documents
• Custom documents
• Commercial documents
Requirements for Documents Attestation:
Below are the requirements for authenticating documents:
1. Document Authentication Form
2. Original document(s)
3. Documents verifying current residency status in Canada such as Permanent Resident Card, Citizenship Card, Landed Immigrant Document, Visa, and the like.
4. Documents verifying current address such as driver’s license, utility bills or any other document to prove the residency address.
5. Document authentication fee (USD 55) – must be directly deposited to the Afghan Embassy bank account.
6. NOTE: Authentication of a document that has been attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul does not have any applicable charges.
Please download the application for, here.
Fees and Method of Payment
• All consular charges are only payable in USD. Payment in any other currency will NOT be accepted.
• All payments must cover the total amount that is payable to the general, including the relevant fee, bank charge and any postal cost, if applicable. The payment must be received by the Embassy together with your application form before any assessment take place.
• Payments in cash, personal cheque and money draft are NOT accepted under any circumstances.
• The only acceptable method of the payment is direct deposit to the Embassy Bank Account. Please download payment instruction form here.
• Please attached the original Bank printed receipt along with your application.