Authentication of Celibacy
How to apply
Applications for Authentication of Celibacy can only be made in-person. The Embassy is located at the address below :
Embassy of Afghanistan in Ottawa (Consular Section)
240 Argyle Avenue
Ottawa, ON K2P 1B9
View Embassy Address on the Map
The opening hours of the Embassy’s Consular Section are as follows:
Monday through Friday from 10:00am to 12:00pm and from 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
The Consular Section is closed outside these hours as well as on Saturdays and Sundays.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND PROCESSING TIME
Please note that applicants must contact the Consular Section in advance to book an interview appointment.
At the appointed time, applicants must bring all the necessary requirements with them.
Applicants for Authentication of Celibacy must submit the following:
- Applicants for Authentication of Celibacy must submit the following:
1. Authentication of Celibacy Form – fully completed and signed;
2. Three male adult persons of Afghan origin to confess (Eqrar) the celibacy. The confesses must each bring along two recent photos and documents verifying their identity (Afghan Tazkira) and their current address;
3. Two male adult persons of Afghan origin to act as witnesses the Eqrar of confesses. The witnesses must each bring along two recent photos and documents verifying their identity (Afghan Tazkira) and their current address;
In addition, all applicants, must also provide the following:
1. Two photos (1 X 1 inches) affixed to the appropriate box in the application form. Photos must be taken directly off the face and show both ears. Photo Specifications
2. Original document verifying applicant’s Afghan identity (Afghan Tazkira);
3. Documents verifying the applicant’s current residency status in Canada, such as PR card, citizenship document, landed immigrant document, etc;
4. Documents verifying the applicant’s current address, such as driving license, utility bills or similar documents;
5. The relevant issuing fee (see the fees table below)
6. Self-addressed return envelope.
PROCESSING FEES AND PAYMENT METHOD
All applicants are, hereby, notified that they should make sure to have all required supporting documents available before depositing service fee to the Embassy’s bank account. The Embassy cannot return the service fee to the applicants, if their supporting documents are not complete, which in turn delays provision of the consular service to the applicants.
- Authentication of Celibacy
- Postage cost
- USD 55
- USD 16
1. All consular charges are ONLY payable in USD. Payment in any other currency will not be accepted.
2. All consular charges must be paid The Embassy Bank Account in Ottawa.
3. Payment by cash, personal cheques or bank transfer will not be accepted.