Authentication of Driving License
ALL local and international Driver Licenses issued by the Afghanistan Ministry of Interior Affairs (MoIA), will be sent to MoIA by this Embassy for verification. This is a time consuming process and is solely dependent on proceedings at MoIA. The Embassy has no influence over MoIA’s proceedings.
Checklist of requirements
- 1. Appointment: Applicants MUST book an appointment online prior to coming to the Embassy. Clients with no prior appointment will not be served. For booking an appointment please check below this page.
2. Visit In person: An applicant MUST visit the Embassy in person on the date and time of his/her confirmed appointment and have the required documents ready.
a) Request letter and filling the driving licence verification form: the applicant should write a request letter addressed to this Embassy and outline the services needed with personal details (name, father’s name, date and place of birth, current
b) Driver License Verification Form. The applicant should complete the driver licence verification form in BLOCK letters. The form can be downloaded from bottom of this page.
c) Local (Afghan) or International Driving License Copy issued by MoIA.
d) Passport copy.
e) Proof of Address in Canada. The applicant should make a copy of either his/her driver license, utility bill or bank statement and include it in the postal package.
f) Express/Registered self-addressed envelope. An Express/Registered self-addressed return envelope MUST be included in the postal package.
3. Fee. Applicants should make a money order of USD 55 to the Embassy of Afghanistan's bank account which detail is provided bottom of this page. The Embassy does not accept cash or cheque under any circumstances.
a) Once the Embassy receives the application it is processed within 2 business days provided that the required documents are complete. The Embassy sends the documents with a letter to relevant Afghan authorities .
via email requesting the verification of the driver license. This is a time-consuming process and takes up to six weeks or more.
b) The MoIA informs the Embassy via email about the verification of the driver license(s).
c) The Embassy returns the package to the applicant using the Express/Registered self-addressed envelope (It is extremely important for ALL applicants to include an Express/Registered self-addressed envelope with the initial postal package and send it to the Embassy.)
Fees and method of payment
- Authentication of Driving License
- Postage cost
- USD 55
- USD 16
1. All consular charges are ONLY payable in USD. Payment in any other currency will not be accepted.
2. All consular charges must be paid
The Embassy Bank Account in Ottawa ’.
3. Payment by cash, personal cheques or bank transfer will not be accepted.
Embassy address and opening hours
Applications Drop off: Monday to Friday from 10 AM to 12:00 PM
Documents Pick up: Monday to Friday from 2:00 PM to 04:00 PM
The Consular Section is closed outside these hours as well as on Saturdays and Sundays.
Postal applications must be sent by REGISTERED MAIL to the Embassy’s address below.
Embassy of Afghanistan in Ottawa
240 Argyle Avenue
Ottawa, ON K2P 1B9
The Embassy will not take any responsibility for loss of documents which are not sent as registered mail.
Applications will be processed in order of their receipt by the Consular Section. Applications that are incomplete and/or are missing necessary documentation will not be processed.
All original documents submitted as part of application will be returned to the applicant after the due process.