How to apply?
The Embassy of Afghanistan in Ottawa issues Entry Permit, only to those Afghans who are born in Canada or the United State of America and carry Canadian or US passport. Please make sure that you have all documents available before depositing service fee to the Embassy’s bank account. The Embassy cannot return the service fee to the applicants, if their supporting documents are not complete. Applications for authentication of documents can be made either in in-person or by post. Applications must be accompanied by the original form of the document which requires authentication.
CHECKLIST OF REQUIREMENTS
- Copy of Canadian or US passport of the applicant.
- Birth certificate of the applicant, which contains the names of Afghan mother and Afghan father.
- Two photos of 2 X 2 inches
- Copy of father’s Tazkira or passport
- Copy of mother’s Tazkira or passport
- Documents verifying your current address, such as driving license, utility bills or similar documents.
- Please download Entry Permit Application form here .
FEES AND METHOD OF PAYMENT
(All charges are in USD)
All applicants are, hereby, notified that they should make sure to have all required supporting documents available before depositing service fee to the Embassy’s bank account. The Embassy cannot return the service fee to the applicants, if their supporting documents are not complete, which in turn delays provision of the consular service to the applicants.
- Entry Permit
- Postage cost within Canada
- Postage cost to the United States
- USD 20
- USD 40
1. All consular charges are ONLY payable in USD. Payment in any other currency will not be accepted.
2.All consular charges within Canada must be paid The Embassy Bank Account in Ottawa (click here to download the payment form).
3. All Consular charges from the United States of America must pay by (Money Order $55)
The applicants from the United States of America are required to prepare and send an extra money order worth of 40USD for returning his/her document via post by the Embassy.
4. Payment by cash, personal cheques or bank transfer will not be accepted.
Embassy address and opening hours
The opening hours of the Embassy’s Consular Section are as follows:
Monday through Friday from 10:00am to 12:00pm and from 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
The Consular Section is closed outside these hours as well as on Saturdays and Sundays.
Postal applications must be sent by REGISTERED MAIL to the Embassy’s address below.
Embassy of Afghanistan in Ottawa
240 Argyle Avenue
Ottawa, ON K2P 1B9
View Embassy Address on the Map
The Embassy will not take any responsibility for loss of documents which are not sent as registered mail.
Applications will be processed in order of their receipt by the Consular Section. Applications that are incomplete and/or are missing necessary documentation will not be processed.
All original documents submitted as part of application for marriage certificate will be returned to the applicant after the due process.