How to apply?
The Embassy of Afghanistan in Ottawa do not accepts applications for Tazkira anymore.
Checklist of requirements
- The Embassy of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is not the authority to issue Tazkira (Afghan National ID). Only, part of the process for obtaining a Tazkira in absentee can be initiated through this Embassy. An Afghan, who wish to obtain a Tazkira, can initiate the process at this Embassy based on having one of her/his paternal relatives’ Tazkira including father, grandfather, siblings, uncles (father’s brothers), aunts (father’s sisters) and cousins of father’s side.
All the applicants need to read the following instructions and information carefully:
1. Appointment: Applicants MUST book an appointment online prior to coming to the Embassy. Clients with no prior appointment will not be serviced. For booking an appointment please click on this link.
2. Visit In-person: An applicant MUST visit the Embassy in-person on the date and time of his/her confirmed appointment and have the required documents ready.
3. Required Documents:
a) Application Form. The applicant needs to fill an application form available here. The name and contact number of a representative or relative MUST be in the application, who will, on behalf of the applicant, follow up the process with the Afghanistan Central Civil Registration Authority (ACCRA) in Afghanistan.
b) Tazkira of Parental Relatives. The applicant will need a copy of one of her/his paternal relatives’ Tazkira including father, grandfather, siblings, uncles (father’s brothers), aunts (father’s sisters) or cousins of father’s side.
c) Photographs. Five recent photographs (1 photo for Embassy use and 4 to go with the package) with a white background (size: 4x4.5 cm)
d) Proof of Address in Canada: driving license, utility bills, bank statement etc
4. Fee: The Embassy does NOT charge for this service.
5. Procedure: Once an interview is conducted with the applicant on the date and time of the appointment and the completed and duly signed form is submitted at the Embassy, a document package will be prepared by the Embassy. An official letter from the Embassy, addressed to ACCRA, will be included in the package. The Embassy will send the scanned copies of the document package to ACCRA copied to Consular Affairs Directorate of MoFA. The original package will be returned to the applicant on the same day. The applicant should send the original package to her/his representative or relative in Afghanistan, whose details are included in the application form, for further assessment and processing. After this, the file is closed at the Embassy and requires NO further follow up.
If the applicant fulfils all the requirements and is deemed entitled for a Tazkira by ACCRA, he/she will be issued an Afghan Tazkira in absentee by ACCRA. Applicant’s representative or relative, mentioned in the application form, can collect the original Tazkira from ACCRA, Afghanistan (NOT from the Embassy). Please note that this process requires a long waiting period and depends on the follow up of the applicant’s representative or relative with the ACCRA. The Embassy has no control and influence on the process within ACCRA.
- Issuance of Tazkira in Absence of the Applicant
- Postage cost
- USD 16
• All consular charges are only payable in USD. Payment in any other currency will NOT be accepted.
• All payments must cover the total amount that is payable to the general, including the relevant fee, bank charge and any postal cost, if applicable. The payment must be received by the Embassy together with your application form before any assessment take place.
• Payments in cash, personal cheque and money draft are NOT accepted under any circumstances.
• The only acceptable method of the payment is direct deposit to the Embassy Bank Account. Please download payment instruction form .
• Please attached the original Bank printed receipt along with your application.
Embassy address and opening hours
The opening hours of the Embassy’s Consular Section are as follows:
Monday through Friday from 10:00am to 12:00pm and from 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
The Consular Section is closed outside these hours as well as on Saturdays and Sundays.
Postal applications must be sent by REGISTERED MAIL to the Embassy’s address below.
Embassy of Afghanistan in Ottawa
240 Argyle Avenue
Ottawa, ON K2P 1B9